Here is a quick summary of our lives:
- Mike is still working at ArenaNet and loves his job.
- Mike is not done his thesis yet and it is the source of much frustration for him.
- Mike spent way too much time playing this game "Shadow Complex" the last week and a half.
- I am still unemployed and that does not look likely to change any time soon.
- I spend my days cooking, cleaning, baking, knitting, crocheting, tending my garden and getting distracted by the world.
So now I shall explain the reasons for the title of this post. Today I made these banana bran muffins, as you can guess, I mashed the bananas by squeezing them through my hands into the bowl. I recommend doing this as an acceptable method of playing with your food while baking.
So these muffins (see picture to the right) aren't quite so much bran muffins with banana as they are banana muffins with bran added. With a 1/2 cup of butter in there, I know my mom wouldn't want to be eating these on a regular basis. But they sure were delicious fresh.
Recipe can be found here. I just replaced half a cup of all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour.
P.S. Mike wants you to visit http://www.guildwars2.com/en/