Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Digipen Week 12 - Stress Rising Still?!?

Alright, week in review...

So Stressed, even if it was Thanksgiving week.
Wednesday I had to give a 1hr and a half lecture in my advance Rendering class. I talked about AntiAliasing and signal processing. Only one other guy (masters and undergrads combined) had ever done any Digital Signal Processing (DSP) class. Thank goodness for UofC... I had a decent background so I wasn't too clueless when I presented. I was complimented by my Prof, but I couldn't tell if it was the obligated version or sincere heh.. oh well thats done with (The presentation was worth 40% of my grade... so yeah Pressure, Stress, etc..)

Thursday was thanksgiving (USA) and James and Ricardo were hosting. They live in house with Greg (who was away to visit family and he works at Valve). Played alot of Guitar Hero and some word guessing game thing. I forgot the name but you basically have to get your team to say the phrase on the card without saying the word or such. It was fun with the big group we had. Around 10 people? people were a bit in and out.

Due for this week was Animation assignment #3 and a report. The report will likely get pushed back till next week since my prof hasnt been the most helpful. Animation assignment was Inverse Kinematics. Which is trying to get my character to reach out to arbitrary points in space in a realistic fashion. Alot of 3D math, dealing with constraints, joints and all that. Just imagine yourself reach out to grab an apple and all the things that move and how your moving hand "pulls" the rest of your arm almost automatically. Now think of all that math thats involved. I mean not only do you have to prevent contortion, but you want things to move smoothly. I got it done on time, I think the assignment is well done. Another guy submitted his and several others are in the lab as I type this trying to get it done. A few guys have given up and are gonna take the late penalty. The late penalty is pretty lax but I'm not one to hand things in late.

For the year I have 2 more projects, Game (which has been a standstill for nearly 3 weeks now :/ ) and 3 Reports. All needs to be completed in about 2 weeks time... Oh boy

Heroes was awesome this week, unfortunately the writers strike is gonna cut it short :(
On the gaming front not much of an update. Not enough time to play much... Well Nicole is playing a lot of Pokemon >.<

- Mike Out

No comments:

Post a Comment