Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Digipen Week 10

This week saw my group demoing our engine proof for our game. It consisted of a Basic Physics simulation (all numbers) and a basic 3D room made from directX as our graphics engine. Things are slowly coming together, but it is slow unfortunately. School is still school, I'm trying to get ahead as much as possible with the looming Wii launch.

In other news, Airline tickets secure!
Nicole and I will come back to Calgary for Christmas on December 20th and returning to Redmond on January 3rd. We're flying via Alaska Airlines on a direct flight.

In other not so great news...
So I think the previous Condo owner has screwed me over. The condo management is assessing a $2000.00 bill to every unit in January for painting. Then Condo Association was previously not well organized so there are no reserve funds in place to cover the painting. In addition, to prevent future problems they are increasing condo fee's from $210 to $285 per month.

So why did I bring up the previous owner screwing me over? Simply they were the President AND Secretary before they left. They knew of the pending painting assessment before I moved in and the financial situation the Condo Association was in. Simply they left everyone else to pick up the pieces. I'm trying to see if I can reach them and see if they are legally responsible for disclosing said painting stuff to me earlier. I knew none of these issues before moving in... Urgh its gonna be a pain but I don't really want to pay $2000 to paint the place I just moved in to.

In more crappy news, my TV hasn’t been repaired yet :(
I called the place this morning and they said they are waiting for parts to arrive... I highly doubt the TV will be back before the Wii launches. I'm so very tempted to just buy a TV from Costco and return it later.

*Sigh*
And that’s news from Redmond

- Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment